- Read this document to understand the requirements for the various roles within the Aetherflow Media staff. You can certainly apply for more than one (in fact, we encourage it!) should you be interested in contributing in multiple ways.
- Fill out the application form.
- Once your application form has been reviewed, an Editorial Team Member will reach out to you via the Discord Username provided for a follow up. This is your chance to ask any questions or provide any additional material you would like to submit.
- Should your application be accepted, our Welcome Packet will be sent to you for review and signing. As the Welcome Packet will be set to “View Only,” you will need to create a copy to sign.
- Create a PNG digital signature (we can certainly assist you with this if necessary) that you will use to sign the Welcome Packet as well as forward to the Editorial Team Member for use on our Patron Thank You Cards.
- Once signed and returned, the Welcome Packet will then be signed by the Editorial Team Member and saved for our records. This is when you’ll get all remaining information and, of course, an invite to the Aetherflow Media Staff Discord!
WRITERS: Examples of past written work should be provided. Must also be able to provide a list of ideas for content. For example, a list of various topics for one-off pieces or a list of ideas for a recurring column. For website applications, a list of at least 6 topics should be provided. For magazine applications, a list of at least 4 topics should be provided. These lists are just to show that the applicant has ideas for what they would like to contribute. They do not have to be all inclusive and can be flexible.
PHOTOGRAPHERS: Must be able to provide a portfolio. This could be a social media platform, a folder of screenshots, a website, etc. Applicant must agree to disable all mods for Aetherflow Media photoshoots. Proficiency in Photoshop for any necessary touch ups is appreciated.
LAYOUT DESIGNER: Access to InDesign is necessary and a portfolio must be provided. Applicant will be provided our guidelines (fonts, alignments, etc) and trial content to create an application layout that should be submitted before approval.
PODCAST: Must have decent recording equipment (top of the line is not necessary) and be easy to understand. Access to a silent area for recording and an active Final Fantasy XIV subscription are required. Should be witty, have a good sense of humor and a relatable personality. Will be required to do a trial recording with the current Podcast staff.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Must be able to pitch promotional ideas and be proficient with the various platforms. Applicant should expect to prepare at least 3 posts a week, whether scheduled or manual, published within the Social Media Team. Social Media Marketing experience is appreciated.
COMMUNITY TEAM: Must be personable and be prepared to interact with the community within the AFM server. Should come with ideas for various Discord contests and challenges, such as screenshot or glamour challenges.
DISCORD MODERATOR: Must be fair and unbiased. Must be able to uphold the rules of the Discord and guide conversations should they get unwieldy. Should interact with the members of the server while maintaining the peace.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE: A blog, website or portfolio should be provided. Will be in charge of publishing content to the website, both blog installments and articles from the recent magazine. Must be knowledgeable in WordPress.
COMIC ARTIST: Would be given a script for a comic as well as any character information necessary. Must be able to work with the comic writer to take the provided info and create a digital comic strip within a month. These comic instalments will be produced quarterly with each new issue, so timing will not be tight. Each instalment will likely be an average of 4-6 frames.
REVIEWER: Must be proficient in reviewing and editing grammar as well as determining the quality of the content. This includes each individual piece of content for the website and issue, as well as the drafts of the full issue.
ALL APPLICANTS: Must have time for the project. While we understand that life happens and can get in the way, we ask that you also understand that we have content to produce. We expect our members to only sign up for what they can reasonably do with their availability in mind. Consistency with content, both on the website and in the magazine, is a must. All applicants must have access to GoogleDrive and GoogleDocs.